Description of Position
Job title VR Software Engineer
Location London, Brixton
Industry Enterprise Design Software (SaaS)
Employment Type Full-time, permanent
About Gravity Sketch
Gravity Sketch is a London-based startup that is shaking up the 3D design space and transforming the future of digital creation. Just like Adobe revolutionised 2D design, our vision is to revolutionise 3D design today. Backed by high profile VCs and investors from Silicon Valley, London and Tokyo, we are developing the first enterprise-grade immersive 3D design and collaboration software which allows designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to create remotely together, in real-time, across multiple devices and platforms. We aim to transform the future of digital creation through disrupting the current design and engineering workflows, placing the user at the center of the creation process. Our product is used by thousands of designers in industries such as automotive, apparel and film, across North America, Europe, and Asia.
As a VR software engineer, you will work with UI/UX designers and product team, helping the product team to properly build green light PoC or prototypes into production ready software, engineering testable, maintainable, extensible and scalable solutions for VR related features.
You have passion to build highly modularised, feature oriented products, self-motivated to continuously improve the quality of code, modularization, test coverage, and reusable code libraries.
● Bachelors degree in fields related to Computer Science, Science or Engineering
● 1-3 years experience developing in at least one of the languages: Unity/C#, C++, Java, Golang
● Attention to detail on UI/UX
● Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Functional Programming
● Good understanding of SOLID and design patterns
● Believe automated test coverage is better than repeated manual testing and debugging
● Can deliver PoC to production ready product with high quality code and test coverage
● Curious personality and a self-driven passion for problem-solving
● Not afraid of making mistakes, comfortable getting hands dirty. Can do attitude
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
● Passionate about technology
● Work in our London office
● Knowledge of 3D modeling, sketching, art, design
● 3D Modeling experience
● VR experience
What we offer
● Employee stock options
● Chance to work at a fast growing B2B SaaS startup
● Real work ownership - you drive your own initiatives
● Unparalleled learning, if you’re up for the challenge!
● Opportunities for growth and professional development
● Great work culture and environment - we work hard but also know how to have fun
● £1,000 annual professional development stipend (permanent only)
● 25 days paid holiday (+ bank holidays)
● Discounted local gym membership with weekly team sport days
● Cool studio based in Brixton, weekly team lunches, generous social budgets
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals
are encouraged regardless of age, gender, background, and nationality.
Your application was submitted successfully.